- 1 – 2 boneless chicken breasts (can substitute chicken tenders or thighs as well, or beef if you prefer)
- Soy, Terriyaki and/or Hoisin sauce
- 1 – 2 tblsp cooking oil (I generally use light olive, but any other will work – don’t try and cook with sesame oil, it’s too flavorful)
- 1 tblsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 clove fresh garlic (minced or pressed)
- Chopped onions (to taste)
- Bok Choi
- Red, Yellow or Green Bell Peppers (diced)
- Mushrooms (Shittake if you prefer) (sliced or diced)
- Snow Peas (Chinese Pea Pods or any other type of pea pods will also work)
Dice the chicken and marinade in a the soy, terriyaki or hoisin sauce (or a blend of all three, or any other soy based Asian marinade if you prefer). Marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes before cooking.
Put the wok on high heat and add the cooking oil. Then add the ginger, garlic and onion and stir for about 1-2 min before adding the marinaded chicken. Stir the chicken over high heat until mostly cooked. Add vegetables and keep stirring for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked and the vegetables are hot. Add the marinade and some water to help the cooking process.